eSoft Interactive Forum Index
 Home    FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
problems with treo 680

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eSoft Interactive Forum Index -> Open TTD (Pocket PC, Palm OS, Smartphone)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

baladaovr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: problems with treo 680

I installed the palm version of openttd and did everything that was told!
copied TRG1R.GRF , TRGCR.GRF , TRGHR.GRF, TRGIR.GRF, TRGTR.GRF and SAMPLE.CAT. the ttd windows version! and didnt worked
when i start it! it reset my palm every time. I tried the ttd dos version, copied the grfs and sample.cat. didnt worked either. same problem! restart.
i dont know what to do anymore! anyone that installed it on a treo have a tip for me?
im using udmh. im with 15000kb of free heap. i tried it without it! i was with 9k free heap and same thing!
plz help!

RevengerPT

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Hi there.

I have the very same problem with the Treo 680. I have 8379kb of free heap, that should be enough to run the app. But, when I tap the play button, the PalmTTD just soft resets the phone.

Any idea of what it should be?

I used the correct files, as I use to play OpenTTD on my computer.

Thanks in advance.

d0m0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject:

I think the game is not compatible with treo 680. Here is why i think that:

I installed the game on my Treo 650. Using UDMH, I get 11500 free heap and the game ran perfectly. I played for about 2 weeks. Now a couple of days ago, I wanted to use a 4gb SDHC card on my treo 650, but it only supports 2gb cards... UNLESS you flash some files from the treo 680 into the ROM... that enables it to use the higher capacity SDHC cards. So I flashed my 650 and am now using a 4gb SDHC card. ALL the programs and app/games are working perfectly from the 4gb SDHC card... EXCEPT for PalmTTD (which previously was running fine). To test this.. I reflashed the ROM to the original version, and once again PalmTTD started working.

So now I think that the SDHC driver that treo 680 is using is incompatible with the game.

Since I need the SDHC card to store my music/videos/documents... I have to sacrifice playing my most favorite game on my treo 650 Sad

So what do the developers think?

bascee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Hi there,

I've got the same problem on my centro, it works fine om my tungsten T3 though.
I hope this can be fixed, my T3's battery only last for 15 minutes Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eSoft Interactive Forum Index -> Open TTD (Pocket PC, Palm OS, Smartphone) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: